In a world of design and the constant quest for innovation, the need for creativity and new thinking is never-ending. Foster individual and group creativity with the following five tips, some of which are given by our very own creative talents.
- Practice mindfulness so that new ideas come freely and without the distraction of stress.
- Create a company culture that encourages people to take appropriate risks, a recommendation of Chris Desoiza, Vice President of Research & Development at Milliken, so that a desire to challenge the status quo isn’t thwarted by fear of failure.
- Take to nature and re-examine what occurs daily in the natural world through a new lens, a tactic Milliken designer Holly Nguyen relies upon when finding inspiration for new floor covering collections.
- Build creativity into collaborative teams by purposefully constructing groups with a diverse range of personalities, a strategy from the Harvard Business Review that is supported by data.
- Find true purpose in your work to ignite a passion in even your daily activities.